Accessibility Regulations – Where items are provided as scanned pdfs these can also be provided in an alternative format or on alternative media on request.
The Council prepares accounts each year for the 12 months to 31 March. The format of the accounts is decided by Central Government and set out in the Annual Return. The Annual Return is audited each year by an independent external auditor.
Annual Investment Strategy & Reserves Policy
Town Council Budget
The Town Council decides the budget before the start of each financial year. From time to time the Council makes changes to the budget to respond flexibly to community needs.
Town Council Expenditure
The Town Council considers and approves all payments made at its regular meetings.
Basic Allowances & Travel Payments
Almost all work done by Town Councillors is expected to be voluntary. The Council makes a payment called Parish Basic Allowance to Councillors to recognise the time spent on duties and for expenses such as travel within Dover. The Council considers reports from an Independent Panel set up to make recommendations on the appropriate level of Allowance in East Kent. Councillors can claim travel and subsistence for duties outside Dover Town at the same rates as apply to Dover District Councillors.
How we buy Goods and Services
Interested in doing business with the Council? We buy goods and services in an open and transparent way. Find out more about how we buy good and services.
The Town Council manages its financial administration according to its Financial Regulations. Some regulations are required by law and others represent current best practice. The Town Council reviews the Financial Regulations each year and makes necessary changes.
The Council has a legal duty to issue and make public certain statutory notices relating to financial matters during the year.
Town Council Expenditure is shown above.
Town Council Tenders are shown on How We Buy Goods and Services.
More information about the council and its activities can be found in the following documents:
- Contracts over £5000 for 2020/21
- Contracts over £5000 for 2019/20
- Contracts over £5000 for 2018/19
- Town Council Land and Buildings 2020/21
- Town Council Land and Buildings 2019/20
- Town Council Land and Buildings 2018/19
- Town Council Committee Grants 2020/21
- Town Council Committee Grants 2019/20
- Town Council Committee Grants 2018/19
- Town Councilor Ward Grants 2020/21
- Town Councilor Ward Grants 2019/20
- Town Councilor Ward Grants 2018/19
- Information about the Town Council staff team 2020/21
- Information about the Town Council staff team 2019/20
- Information about the Town Council staff team 2018/19