The Dover Burghmote Horn on display at Maison Dieu House – วันเสาร์ 10 กันยายน


The Dover Burghmote Horn will be on display at Maison Dieu House on Saturday 10 September for the first time since its return to the Town after being stolen in 1969. The Horn which may date back to the 1550s was used to summon the citizens of Dover to Town Meetings and is the finest of about 10 known to still exist.

Maison Dieu House will be open this Saturday 10am – 4pm as part of the annual Heritage Open Day weekend. Maison Dieu บ้านถูกสร้างขึ้นใน 1665 เป็นที่อยู่อาศัยอย่างเป็นทางการของ บริษัท ตัวแทน Victualler, ที่คนท้องถิ่นรับผิดชอบในการจัดการอุปทานของอาหารและเครื่องดื่มเพื่อเรือของกองทัพเรือ. ประตูถัดไป Maison Dieu ตัวเอง (ศาลากลางจังหวัด) ถูกนำมาใช้สำหรับการจัดเก็บ. The Agent Victualler remained until after the Battle of Waterloo in 1815 and then the building was used as the official residence of the Officer in charge of the Royal Engineers in Dover until 1834.

Maison Dieu House became connected to the Mayoralty when Mr RW Mummery, who held the office of Mayor 3 times, ซื้อทรัพย์สินเป็นที่พักส่วนตัวของเขา. โดเวอร์คอร์ปอเรชั่นซื้อ Maison Dieu บ้าน 1904 เป็นฐานสำหรับการให้บริการสาธารณะของเมืองรวมทั้งวิศวกรเลือกตั้งและเจ้าหน้าที่ทางการแพทย์. ใน 1952 Dover Library opened and in 2004 the Town Council renovated and restored the building when it assumed ownership. คือตอนนี้ใช้โดยสภาเมืองและคนโดเวอร์สำหรับหลากหลายของโอกาสของพลเมืองและการประชุม.

เมื่อวันเสาร์ที่สภาหอการค้า, the Mayor’s Parlour and the Charter Room will be open together with a display of historic items.