Please note that the following rules apply in respect of all Town Council allotments at the current time and until further notice. This will help to keep us all safe from infection.
Do not attend the plot if you have coronavirus symptoms or a family member is self-isolating
• Take a flask of hot water, soap and paper towels to the plot with you (cold water will work too).
• Use hand sanitiser (should be 60% alcohol content) before entering the site and opening any gate locks.
• Wash hands for at least 20 seconds after closing the lock, dry with a paper towel.
• The most effective part of hand washing is the drying using preferably paper towel to remove the layer of dead skin scales – on which virus and bacteria sit. Paper towel to compost heap.
• DO NOT touch your face after using anything that has been touched by other people- use an elbow to work the push taps.
• Wash your hands again for 20 seconds, dry with a paper towel before opening and closing the lock to leave the site.
• Use hand sanitiser after closing the lock.
• Wash hands when you get home.
• DO NOT gather together for a chat even if you are 2 metres apart.
• Observe “Social Distancing” with each other 2-3 metres.
• If you take your children to the plot, ensure that they stay within its confines and do not run around on communal paths and spaces.
• Do not share tools.